Clutches Repair Services Nottingham
Like all mechanical devices with moving parts, the car is not immune to the ravages of tear and wear with its multiple moving parts. One of the most important parts of a car is the clutch. In the event that it malfunctions or breaks down completely, one can be stranded or risk an accident if it occurs while driving.
If this ever happens to you, don’t panic; we have you covered. Contact us and we will help you get back on the road quickly and safely. We also have arguably the best clutch replacement rates in Nottingham.
You Know You Need To Change Your Clutch When:
A lot of things can go wrong when your car has a faulty clutch, but these are the most common occurrences you should take note of:
- You have problems switching gears
- You experience a loss of engine power
- You feel shudders or vibrations rocking your car when driving
- You consistently hear a loud crunching noise
- You smell something burning when driving
- You cannot engage the gear completely
- When you start your car, rapid vibrations rock it
- The car does not accelerate when you depress the throttle pedal but the engine RPM increases.
Clutch Do’s And Don’ts
There are a number of things you can do to increase the lifespan of your clutch and avoid serious complications. They include:
- Avoid resting your foot on the clutch while driving
- Always release the handbrake slowly, press the release button firmly as you raise the clutches and accelerate
- When starting your car on surfaces that are steeply raised, do not hold the clutch longer than usual. This ends up wearing your clutch’s friction system down.
- When waiting at traffic lights, make sure your car is not in gear while your foot is engaging the clutch.
- Avoid slipping clutches deliberately to avoid changing gears.
- If your car has a hydraulic clutch system, make sure that its reservoir is well-filled
Do not hesitate to call us in case you have more inquiries.
Services We Offer
- Van clutches
- Thrust bearings
- Starter motors replaced
- Slave cylinders
- Slave cylinders
- Single solid mass flywheel replacement
- Prop shaft repair
- Pressure plates
- Master cylinders
- Hub Repair
- HGV clutches
- Heavy-duty clutches
- Half shaft repair
- Gearbox repairs and rebuilds
- Gearbox repair
- gearbox and clutch sensors replaced
- Dual mass flywheel replacement
- Differential repair and rebuilds
- Differential repair
- Concentric slave cylinders
- Clutch cable replacement
- Car clutches
- Automatic gearbox replacement
- 4X4 clutch repair
If you ever notice or experience any of the mishaps with your vehicle when driving, you need to call a specialist as soon as you can. Most people tend to ignore these signs when they start manifesting assuming their cars will remain functional even with a faulty clutch. But this will lead to are hefty expenses and avoidable inconveniences when the car finally breaks down.
Here are some tips that will help you help extend the life of your clutch:
- Don’t slip clutches intentionally so as to avoid changing gears
- Pay attention to pedal movement. Ensure there’s some flexibility before you start to notice the weight. If slack is absent, you may need to adjust the cable housing and clutch rod.
- For vehicles that use hydraulic clutch control, observe its reservoir and make sure its well-filled
If you need help fixing your clutch, contact us. We are just a phone call away and we will be glad to help you.