Brake Repairs Nottingham
We totally understand the role brakes play and how important they are to your car and your safety. That is why we specialize in handling all types of brake repairs and for all car models. Whether it’s servicing, repairing, or just fixing your brakes, trust us to handle it with precision.
Our commitment to providing quality services that meet the highest of standards is what informs our decision to outsource components from reputable and trustworthy brands like Frodo, Bosch, and Girling.
When checking your brakes, we pay particular attention to all their components so as to ensure nothing is left unattended. In order to achieve this, we have come up with standardized processes, which our team follow to avoid missing any details. They include checking:
- Piston movement
- Calliper side
- Separation of braking materials
- The operational state of braking cables
Why Should You Choose Us?
Just like you, we value your car and have come up with a system that looks after your car in the best way possible while still taking into consideration your budget. Even though we go out of our way to source for quality spare parts, we remain true to our promise of charging you fair prices for every service and product. By doing so, we offer services that match those of your main dealer but at a cheaper rate.
For credibility, we are keen to consult you before making any changes within your car, and this applies to brakes too. What’s more, our team is professional yet friendly and easy to work with. They will treat your car according to its needs and always update you on what to get or not.
How Do You Know If Your Brakes Need Servicing?
The major reason for car servicing is to prevent major breakdowns in future. So, you don’t have to wait until your brakes fail for you to have them checked. While most people insist on taking their cars for servicing after a year or two, regular checks in between go a long way in saving you money and guaranteeing your safety and peace of mind on the road.
There are different ways you can tell if your car brakes need checking. They include, but are not limited to:
- Soft and spongy feel: Your brakes aren’t supposed to feel soft during operation. When this happens, it is an indicator that your brake fluid isn’t functioning as it should, mostly as a result of air getting trapped in the brake lines. At other times, soft brakes are from a faulty master cylinder.
- Squeaking: You might notice a grinding or squeaking sound coming from your brakes while in use. This is as a result of worn brakes that need prompt replacement or you could end up with a bigger problem.
- Pulsating brake pedal: Your brakes shouldn’t have pulses when you place your foot on them. When they do, it could be a pointer that your brake rotors aren’t flat or parallel with the plane of rotation. Having them checked can prevent worse damages.
- Old brake fluid: It is easy to assume your brake fluid is okay as long as your car brakes are performing. This, however, isn’t always the case. Without regular checks, your brake fluid could absorb moisture leading it to them losing their effectiveness. If left unattended, this might grow into an expensive occurrence.
- Warning lights: The reason as to why the warning lights are placed on your dashboard is so you don’t miss them. When your brake’s warning lights blink, you do not want to ignore them as they could be notifying you of a problem. As soon as you notice the blink, it’s time to have them checked.
- High Handbrake: After using your car for a while, you can tell the height of your handbrake. If you notice a change, even slight, in their height, you’ll need to take your car to have it adjusted. Also, be keen to observe if the handbrake reaches its path’s end to avoid failing the MOT.
- Wheels Pulling To The Left or Right: The expected effect when you press your foot on the brake pedal is that your car should come to a stop and remain in a straight line. But when none of that happens, say, your car pulls to right or left, when you step on the pedal, consider it a sign that your brakes need fixing.